Monday, May 20, 2013

Ally

Yesterday they came by with food. The rations went so fast, we could only get a few packages before the rest of the village poured out for the same reason. The soldiers came by today. They told us they trying to find bad guys, to find terrorists that want to hurt us. They tell us they want to help us, they tell us that's why they brought us food. I want to help them, but I don't know any terrorists.

We were playing outside when a noise like a loud whistle and then an explosion ripped through our village. The smoke looked like it was coming from my house. I follow the smoke, it was coming from my home. I could see my father partially buried beneath the rubble, I could hear my brothers and sisters crying for water, crying out in pain.

A man I've never met puts his hand on my shoulder. He tells me the soldiers did this, that they hated us. He tells me he can help me get back at them. He tells me we are allies.

No comments:

Post a Comment