2 a.m., time to leave, the pretty bartender confirms my worst fear when she flicks the lights on and off. What a day to celebrate bachelorhood; I scribble my number and slide it over to her, she smiles and tucks it between her beautiful tits. I pull myself off the bar and struggle to find my footing. The ground is unstable and what was one has become two; each eye sees its own interpretation and sends the blurry message to my clouded mind. Sluggishly I stumble to the outline of my car in the parking lot, swing the door open, and flop in front of the steering wheel. The engine turns over and I select a radio station to blare loudly to keep me awake.
There are two roads now where there was one before; I decide to stagger them both. I didn't see the dark figure until it appeared inches from my bumper. Flashing lights from the patrol cars and ambulances further disorients my clouded mind. They tell me I veered into a pole after I hit her. They tell me I will have to go to the hospital to get checked out.
They tell she was only fifteen. They tell me she didn't make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment